Bob-Cat Float Deck Hydro
The pitch: New for 2017, BOB-CAT’s Float Deck Hydro walk-behind mowers feature Zero-T drive tires. These tires offer improved grip on hillsides, better puncture resistance, improved tight turns without turf damage, and enhanced self-cleaning.
- The float deck is designed to move independently of the drive and caster wheels.
- Single-belt routing on the Float Deck Hydro mid-size walk-behind means a longer belt life.
- The walk-behind features a true float style DuraDeck.
For more information: Bobcatturf.com
Cub Cadet SC700
The pitch: Cub Cadet’s new SC700 with MaxControl is the first Cub Cadet walk behind mower to feature selectable four-wheel drive.
- Drive control enables the user to select front wheel drive, rear wheel drive or all-wheel drive for on-demand versatility.
- An integrated front bumper constructed of tubular steel provides added protection to the deck.
- It features an electric push-button start, and engine options include a 196cc Cub Cadet OHV engine or Honda GVC.
For more information: Cubcadet.com
Exmark Turf Tracer X-Series
The pitch: Exmark’s Turf Tracer X-Series walk-behind mower features an Enhanced Control System (ECS), which places all vital controls at the operator’s fingertips.
- A heavy-duty electromagnetic PTO clutch and single-belt deck drive offer increased durability and ease-of-maintenance.
- 52- or 60-inch UltraCut Series 4 cutting decks feature fabricated construction and maintenance-free sealed bearing cutter housings.
- Engine options include carbureted gasoline, EFI gasoline and EFI propane configurations.
For more information: Exmark.com
The pitch: The 2017 Gravely Pro-Walk is a completely-redesigned commercial walk-behind mower designed for the professional landscaper.
- With welded deck designs in 48-, 52- and 60-inch sizes, the Pro-Walk incorporates enhancements that improve cut quality, durability, maneuverability and ease of use.
- The Pro-Walk was designed with new steering controls, which offer a shorter learning curve while providing precision handling.
- Models are available with Kawasaki engines.
For more information: Gravely.com
The pitch: Honda’s HRC216K3HDA lawn mower is designed to allow the user to save time by starting the engine while standing behind the mower.
- The Honda GXV160 commercial engine is the source of powerful, quiet operation with noise control for operator comfort.
- It features a Honda MicroCut Twin Blade System that offers four cutting surfaces to produce finer clippings, and the mower can be adjusted to eight different heights suitable to all types of grass and mowing conditions.
- The mower has a 21-inch steel deck with front axle and bumper protection for additional structural stability and durability.
For more information: Honda.com
The pitch: The Husqvarna HU800AWDH is an ergonomic and versatile walk-behind mower that can handle tough mowing conditions.
- The mower features a 3-in-1 cutting deck, which allows users to bag, mulch or discharge clippings.
- The HU800AWDH has a 22-inch heavy-duty steel cutting deck and 190cc engine.
- The all-wheel drive system and high rear wheels gives users the power and maneuverability they need for hilly, uneven terrain.
For more information: Husqvarna.com
Mean Green Mowers WBX-33HD
The pitch: Mean Green’s new walk-behind mower is an electric mower, built for commercial applications.
- The mower features low noise, zero gas or fluids, low maintenance and zero emissions.
- The electric power gives it all-day mowing capability.
- Lightweight at 395 pounds, it offers variable speed control up to 5 MPH, with an easy “one click” Start and Go.
For more information: Meangreenmowers.com
The pitch: The Scag SWZT hydro-drive walk-behind mower features controls that contour to the natural angles of your extended hands, lowering operator fatigue.
- Ultra-comfortable, ergonomic control system makes operation easy, and are placed to keep your hands out of harm’s way when mowing next to trees and bushes.
- Choice of 36-, 48-, 52- or 61-inch cutter deck paired with a V-Twin engine.
- Heavy-duty construction ensures strength and long life.
For more information: Scag.com
Wright Velke Mower
The pitch: Specifically designed for the fleet operator; heavy-duty, easy to drive, light on the turf.
- Controls are easy on the hands and allow for getting on and off quickly.
- Full range of deck sizes from 32 to 61 inches, all perfectly balanced.
- Pump and motor drive allows for high ground clearance and ideal wheel placement.
For more information: Wrightmfg.com