Caterpillar BH130 SMART Backhoe Attachment
The pitch: The SMART attachment can make a CAT skid steer, CTL or multi-terrain loader do utility trenching, help it dig footings and form and maintain drainage ditches.
- The backhoe also hydraulically shifts side-to-side to allow digging adjacent to buildings and footers, and integrated stabilizers provide a solid digging platform.
- It features integrated electro-hydraulic controls, which are operated using the host machine’s joysticks, allowing the operator to work from the safety and comfort of the cab.
- Maximum digging depth with the BH130 is 9.75 feet and reach at ground level from the swing pivot pin is 13.25 feet.
For more info: Cat.com
GeoRipper Mini Trencher
The pitch: For employees stuck at home or companies working with a skeleton crew, GeoRipper is an efficient, productive option.
- GeoRipper is a light-weight, portable trencher that can dig up to 27 inches deep and 2 inches wide.
- The mini-trencher works in all soil types.
- It cuts through roots up to 3 inches in diameter and removes rocks up to 4 inches.
For more info: Minitrencher.com
Ditch Witch VP30 Vibratory Plow
The pitch: The new VP30 is ideal for residential fiber installation, cable and lawn irrigation in tight spaces.
- It features a 31-horsepower Briggs and Stratton engine and high-track design that won’t tear up turf, which is ideal for going under driveways and sidewalks.
- The machine is equipped with heavy-duty, adjustable plow blades to meet fiber installation-depth requirements and improve longevity.
- A variable flow control helps operators precisely control the flow to the shaker box and adjust ground drive speed for varying ground conditions, improving overall productivity.
For more info: Ditchwitch.com
Little Beaver Kwik-Trench KT 200B and KT 2400B
The pitch: These mini trenchers are both able to trench up to 30 feet per minute and can achieve rotation speed up to 800 rpm.
- Featuring carbide-tipped teeth and a powerful drive system, the mini-trencher cuts through tough surfaces such as compacted clay, road fill, asphalt and tree roots up to 10 inches thick.
- Powered by a 5.5-horsepower Honda engine, the KT 200B is capable of achieving depths up to 8 inches. The KT 2400B can reach 12 inches deep with an 8-horsepower engine.
- Durable construction and components allow the Kwik-Trench to tackle a multitude of projects, including landscape edging and root pruning.
For more info: Littlebeaver.com
Steiner Trencher Attachment
The pitch: The Steiner Trencher attachment helps you dig precise trenches quickly, providing a boost to your landscaping efforts.
- It can cut as deep as 28 inches and it features an easy-to-see depth indicator gauge, so you’re always in control, right in the operator seat.
- Attached to the Steiner 450 tractor, the Steiner Trencher has a standard cutting width of 5½ inches but can also dig as narrow as 4¾ inches. Its precise width and depth make it perfect for installing lighting, irrigation, pet fences, or aiding in other landscape renovation projects.
- With its 550 foot-per-minute chain speed, it is designed to cut through tough terrain.
For more info: Steinerturf.com
Toro TRX-250 and TRX-300
The pitch: The walk-behind trencher is designed for improved performance, serviceability, ease of use and operator comfort.
- They feature Intelli-Trench technology, an innovation that optimizes the machine’s hydraulic flow for the digging conditions, so the traction handle can be held in one place without requiring constant adjustment.
- The new TRX models also have a new hydraulic design that requires significantly fewer components than previous models, simplifying maintenance and potentially reducing service needs.
- The TRX-250 is equipped with a powerful 24.5 hp Toro engine and offers a maximum forward speed of 2.4 mph, while the new TRX-300 has a 26.5 hp Kohler EFI engine and has a maximum forward speed of 2.3 mph.
For more info: Toro.com
Vermeer SPX25 vibratory plow
The pitch: The Vermeer SPX25 vibratory plow is designed for cable/fiber and irrigation system installation. It features a full-function remote control that gives the operator a 360-degree view of the job site to avoid potential obstacles and an unobstructed view.
- Powered by a 25 hp (18.6 kW) Kohler gas engine for installing small pipes and cables at depths up to 12 inches (30.5 cm)
- The dual rubber tracks with a ground pressure of 3.7 psi (.3 bar) on the Vermeer SPX25 plow allows for flotation in soft ground conditions
- An optional reel carrier can be mounted to the machine. Contractors also have the option of adding a weight kit for added traction when working in hard ground conditions.
For more info: Vermeer.com