The pitch: Coastal is an all-in-one broad-spectrum herbicide for southern turf varieties.
- Can be used safely on Bermuda grass, Centipede grass, St. Augustine grass and Zoysia grass.
- Useful when treating multiple lawns – no need to tank-mix.
- Controls hard-to-kill weeds, including crabgrass and Poa annua.
For more info: sipcamagrousa.com
The pitch: Control mature, grassy weeds in warm-season turf safely.
- Its spot treatment rate controls weeds like tropical signalgrass, crabgrass and dallisgrass in Bermuda grass and zoysiagrass.
- Can be used spring through fall, including in the heat of the summer when desirable turf will fill in more quickly.
- Packaged with custom built Adigor surfactant to provide greater application reliability.
- Can be tank-mixed with a sulfonylurea herbicide, such as Monument 75WG herbicide, for broader-spectrum weed control.
For more info: GreenCastOnline.com/Manuscript
Cheetah Pro + SureGuard SC Combo
The pitch: Save time, money and labor with this product combo for landscape and bareground weed control.
- Tank mix of Cheetah Pro + SureGuard SC delivers four-plus months of control.
- Provides faster post-emergence control than non-selectives alone.
- Provides broad-spectrum pre- and post-emerge control of broadleaf and grassy weeds – even glyphosate-resistant.
For more info: nufarm.com/usturf
The pitch: A yellow nutsedge and green kyllinga control product.
- Tuber reduction – up to 90% improved yellow nutsedge tuber mortality.
- Provides speed and long-term control of multiple weeds.
- No known resistance to Dismiss NXT (compared to other ALS-based sedge control products).
For more info: fmctruechampions.com
SpeedZone EW Herbicide
The pitch: Ideal for use on residential and commercial turf areas, SpeedZone EW controls more than 90+ tough broadleaf weeds. It is labeled for use in the most common turfgrass species.
- A visual response within 24 hours; weed death in 7-14 days.
- Rainfast in as little as three hours.
- Allows for reseeding in one week.
For more info: PBIGordonTurf.com
Bayer Postemergence Herbicides
The pitch: With products like Celsius WG, Tribute Total and Revolver, LCOs have the ability to effectively address difficult targets, timing and turf types.
- Celsius WG is effective on hard-to-control weeds and offers an application window without high temperature limitations.
- Tribute Total controls many annual and perennial grassy weeds – including dallisgrass – as well as sedges and kyllinga.
- Revolver works faster in warmer temperatures – and offers control of Poa annua in warm-season turf as well as Goosegrass control and dallisgrass suppression.
For more info: es.bayer.us/herbicides-solutions
Prime Source Triad SFZ Select
The pitch: Selective post-emergent herbicide with speed.
- Tough on hard-to-control broadleaf weeds, but gentle on turfgrass.
- Contains four active ingredients, including sulfentrazone, to broaden the spectrum of weed control.
- Rainfast in six hours with visible results in 24-48 hours.
For more info: prime-sourcellc.com
The pitch: Octane Herbicide is a simple, economical solution to faster broadleaf weed control.
- Kills weeds in 24 to 48 hours.
- Labeled for use on all turfgrass species.
- Safe for use over newly seeded grass.
For more info: sepro.com
The pitch: SP 3WAY Broadleaf Herbicide contains 2,4-D, MCPA and dicamba for use on hard-to-control broadleaf weeds.
- Selective three-way broadleaf herbicide.
- For use on both cool- and warm-season turfgrasses.
- Effective against dandelion, henbit, plantains, wild onion and many other difficult to control broadleaf weeds.
For more info: th.simplot.com