Bayer Altus Insecticide
The pitch: Altus offers flexibility by controlling sucking pests before, during and after bloom, as well as providing compatibility with honey bees, bumble bees and many other pollinators. Flupyradifurone, the active ingredient in Altus, is the first insecticide with a butenolide chemical structure.
- Broad-spectrum control of important sucking pests, including whiteflies, aphids, leafhoppers, mealybugs, psyllids, scale and lace bugs
- Systemic and translaminar protection of existing and new plant growth
- Classification by the EPA as a reduced-risk product
For more information: Bayer.com
Earth Alive Soil Activator
The pitch: Earth Alive Soil Activator is a 100 percent organic-compliant and patented bacterial soil amendment that reduces transplant shock and environmental distress.
- Improves soil water holding capacity to produce healthier plants
- Increases nutrient uptake, maximizing the value of your soil amendment investment
- The beneficial microbial population works in tandem with other active ingredients by converting the soil minerals into easily absorbable nutrients .
For more information: Earthalivect.com
Eco-1 Garden Spray
The pitch: Eco-1 Garden Spray is a botanical blend of thyme and peppermint oils with flaxseed oil, creating an emulsion that’s formulated with EPA Minimum Risk active ingredients.
- The spray is non-toxic to people and pets and can be used on edibles that will be harvested the same day.
- It is effective against a wide range of soft-bodied insects and mites, such as aphids, mealybugs, psyllids, scales, thrips, two-spotted spider mites and whiteflies.
- The formulation also prevents and controls various fungal diseases such as powdery mildew, black spot, early and late blight, scab, gray mold, rust, brown rots and leaf spot.
For more information: Arborjet.com
The pitch: PBI Gordon’s Pedigree fungicide aims to help prevent disease on residential and commercial properties. The fungicide will work on creeping bentgrass, Kentucky bluegrass, annual bluegrass, annual and perennial ryegrass, tall fescue, Bermudagrass, zoysiagrass and St. Augustine grass.
- Treats brown patch, fairy ring, and leaf and sheath spot and other turf diseases like large patch, red thread, pink patch, yellow patch, southern blight, and gray snow mold.
- Pedigree is designed to help stop several stages in the disease life-cycle, including spore germination.
- Protection can last over a period of 7 to 28 days depending on the level of disease pressure.
For more information: Pbigordonturf.com